2019 Studio Scholar Summer Session (6-week)
The Studio Scholars Program is a community of shared inspiration and purpose, where scholars are supported and mentored by academic writing professionals and peers. Our 2019 Summer Session spans June 9 to August 31, 2020. (If you’re interested in the full-year 2019-2020 program, you can find more info about it here and the application here.)
Here’s how it works:
- You fill out the application form, which will be available here starting Friday, May 31.
- Not sure about the fit? Contact us for a consult.
- On the application form, you choose your 6 weeks. They can be consecutive or not!
- At the start of your first week, we set you up on our Slack Academic Writers Studio workspace. This gives you access to an online group of scholars with similar projects, deadlines, and challenges.
- You’ll also have access to writing and coaching pros. We’re available in several ways:
- You’re guaranteed 3 hours of 1:1 time, or 30 minutes/week. You can use that for editing, coaching, or whatever you’d like. (If you need to secure more dedicated 1:1 time, you get a discounted Studio Scholar hourly rate.)
- We’re also available during daily or near-daily office hours on a first-come, first-served basis.
- We’re also always only a Slack message away.
- We can do things like check in with you every day, or if we haven’t heard from you in a few days; or create customized micro-assignments to increase accountability and keep your project from fizzling out if you can’t get to it for a couple of weeks.
- This setup is basically a shorter-term version of our year-long program (described here). The differences—other than it being shorter-term, which is a huge difference in obvious and non-obvious ways—are that (1) you won’t have access to as many different channels/writing groups in the Slack workspace (this is an issue of infrastructure and maintaining the integrity of our existing group) and (2) we compensate for that by giving you extra 1:1 time.
- Like our full-year program, our summer program is all about customized support. We are expecting to bring on perhaps 5 or even 10 Summer Scholars, and we will not accept more than 20. This is a program for feeling like there are people who really have your back and will help you with Plans A, B, and however many more you might need.
Want more info? We’ve got lots.
Ready to join?
Head straight to the application form! We’re thrilled to work with you.