Last revised: 12/31/2018
Academic Writers Studio respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit AcademicWriters.Studio (“Website”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
We may, from time to time, update or change this policy. Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
This policy applies to information we collect:
● When you visit or browse the Website.
● In email, text, and other correspondence between you and us.
● When you participate in Academic Writers Studio programs or use our services, including but not limited to the Studio Scholars program, webinars, and academic editing or other programming as we may add or modify.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about you, such as information:
● by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other information that by law is defined as personal or personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”);
● that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as demographics, field of expertise, and research topics and goals; and/or about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details (“Non-Personal Information”).
In addition, you may provide us with other information, communication, and documents as part of your participation in our services and programs, or in communication with us prior to or about that participation. We collect this information from you when you provide it, automatically as you browse the Website, or we may receive this information from other third parties with whom we partner or have a contractual business relationship (“third parties”). Such information may include information provided during the registration or application process, as a result of participation in our programs, correspondence, responses to surveys, payment or transaction history, or any other information provided to us by you. Other information may be collected through automatic data collection technologies such as details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, or other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website and information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. Click here for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include Personal Information, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties, such as our payment card processor or our webinar hosting partner. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
The technologies we may use for this automatic data collection will include:
● Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
● Web Beacons. Pages of the Website or our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
● To present our Website and its contents to you.
● To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
● To implement our programs, such as coaching and editing for Studio Scholars.
● To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
● To provide you with notices about your account.
● To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
● To notify you about changes to our Website or offerings.
● To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website or other platforms.
● To assess and improve our programs.
● In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
● For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about you and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
● To our subsidiaries and affiliates or other Third-Parties.
● To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us is among the assets transferred.
● To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
● For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
● With your consent.
● To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
● To enforce or apply our Terms of Service or other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
● If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, you or others.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
To request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us, send us an email at [email protected]. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected] or write us at: Academic Writers Studio, 3013 Grayland Ave, Richmond, VA 23221.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website and/or to AWS programming communities, you are responsible for keeping your password(s) confidential. We ask you not to share your password(s) with anyone.
All information you share with us in any form, including but not limited to emails, text messages, documents, audio or video recordings, and images, is transmitted to us at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other participants in our programs with whom you may choose to share information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that information you share will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.